We’re Hiring: Part-Time Office Administrator
QUT Creative Enterprise Australia (CEA) is a commercial company owned by QUT which focuses on accelerating the growth of creative businesses in design, fashion, film, television, new media and music. CEA provides business development, investment and mentoring via our events program geared to the needs of commercially driven creative companies.
Through our programs and venture activities, we:
- strengthen QUT’s creative industries offering and enhance its reputation as the ‘university for the real world’;
- build skills and capability in our entrepreneurs with the goal of incubating more sustainable creative enterprises;
- are recognised for the quality of our programs and activities by education providers, industry, government and the broader community;
- drive innovation with our industry partners through engagement with, and integration of, creative
To be Australia’s premier creative entrepreneurship organisation, supporting students, emerging entrepreneurs, startups and scale-ups to develop businesses in the creative industries.
Founders First: we understand and have respect for the journey our entrepreneurs embark on when transforming their creative talents into commercial ventures. We are entrepreneurs and we exist for entrepreneurs.
Partnerships: we understand that excellence and continued improvement is driven by engaging with outstanding individuals and organisations around the world. We engage in deep and meaningful partnerships that deliver reciprocal value for our stakeholders.
Diversity & Inclusivity: we delight in the diversity amongst creative individuals and we understand the importance of creating a supportive and nurturing environment for creative practitioners to become drivers of economic and social activity.
Excellence: we strive to be exemplary in everything we do. We recruit and nurture talented individuals, continually learn from best practice globally and work in an agile culture that allows our team the freedom to lead and to innovate.
Overview of Role
To co-ordinate and support the operations of the CEA office, collating financial documents, facilities management and office management systems to support effective and efficient customer orientated services. This role is a part-time position for 4 hours per day, 2 days per week.
The position holder reports to the Office Manager for the delivery and administration of the activities and services, but is expected to support the CEA team.
Customer + Administration Services
- Manage the CEA office and reception area in the Incubator providing excellent customer support service to incubator clients across all CEA programs.
- Provide effective office administration to support the CEA team including support systems, team project systems and records.
- Ensure all organisational systems and information for CEA are kept up to date and managed effectively.
- Organise booking rooms, as well as equipment and room set up and catering for CEA events.
- Assistance with office purchases e.g. office stationery and staff amenities.
- Update and maintain the key register.
- Management of Incubator client property management including any special works, equipment replacement (including audio visual) and organising client QUT access cards.
- Management of CEA hire of room facilities including conditions for hirers.
Financial Processing & Management
- Support the Office Manager for the effective implementation of financial management procedures:
- Support the day-to-day operations of financial management including scanning invoices and filing both electronically and physically.
- Entering invoices and paying invoices using MYOB software.
- Preparing monthly sales invoices using MYOB software.
- Archive old records.
- Accurately maintain all financial records in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Support annual audit processes and requirements by QUT and Queensland Audit Office.
Behaviours, Skills & Qualities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail, quality driven
- Self-aware, team-player, self-managed with a growth mindset
The role is based at QUT Creative Industries Precinct, Kelvin Grove.
Applications close Monday 6th May by COB. To complete your application, please fill out the form in the link below.Apply Now