This two day practical workshop looks to highlight techniques that will differentiate your designs through the creative use of beading and embellishment principles. Enhance your skill set and understanding in the areas of bead shading, 3D techniques, hand embroidery and the application of appliques suitable to a modern era.
Learn how to effectively translate this art onto bases such as lace and other less traditional mediums that resonate with your brand and style.
1. Key beading techniques demonstrated and applied
2. Understanding the difference between what’s commercially viable and bespoke pieces (and ensuring selling price is reflected)
3. Finding alternative application techniques to produce a unique outcome
4. Grasping the ‘within reach’ theory
5. Taking away your own tangible pieces – generic and also own design
About the speaker Pina Fiorenza
As a young girl in Sicily, Pina Fiorenza’s childhood was immersed in pattern, style and couture. She has carried on the family tradition for the last 30 years and infused those threads with innovation to manifest the aura that is recognised today as Fiorenza.
Her love and expertise materialises in a studio at Auchenflower, an artistic space where her exquisite gowns come to life. Pina works alongside a dedicated team to ensure every gown is executed to perfection.
Note to the attendees: Aside from the laces and beads that are provided for participants to practice on, everyone is requested to also bring item/s they are interested in embellishing including specialty beads they wish to apply it to. This ensures each participant works with mediums and styles that resonate best with their brand in order to maximise outcomes from the workshop.