We’re Hiring: Content Writer/Admin Assistant
Passionate about creative writing and delivering great customer service with a flare for digital marketing?
We are looking for a Content Writer and Administration Assistant to join our Marketing team and enrich our social media, website, video and print collateral with compelling marketing copy. The role also supports event and general office administrative tasks to help QUT Creative Enterprise Australia (CEA) operate efficiently and effectively.
Reporting to The Head of Marketing, the Content Writer is primarily responsible for supporting and implementing marketing campaigns and events. This position will contribute to the delivery of best-practice and innovative marketing and communication strategies, and will work to ensure CEA promotional and positioning activities complement organisational objectives.
The Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and generating copy and publishing across digital channels.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver timely quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness and engagement.
As Administration Assistant the role supports the Office Manager and Events Manager with general office and event administrative tasks.
At CEA we value Creativity, Opportunity and Community. What sets us apart is our people and the drive that we have to make a real difference for our community. CEA’s culture encourages innovation and we are looking for individuals who are dedicated and passionate about startups, ready to work in a challenging, ever changing environment. CEA’s people are at the heart of the business, and our activities supporting the community is what make us different.
Knowledge and Skills
- Two plus years in a similar role
- Have a track record in creating, editing and publishing website content, blog articles, social content, video scripts and email marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to deliver targeted and timely content across multiple channels to ensure appropriate tone of voice
- Sound working knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems, electronic direct mail (EDM) and social media scheduling software eg. Mailchimp, Highrise and/or HubSpot, Hootsuite considered highly desirable.
- Proofreading and editing documents to a high standard.
- Ability to analyse and report on website and social media performance highly desirable.
- A high standard of office management and highly skilled knowledge in the use of personal computers including the suite of MS office software (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google Drive.
- Understand how to research and target niche networks to grow an existing audience.
- Enjoy building compelling messaging.
- High level attention to detail, with exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Experience working in a high pressure environment with the ability to maintain a calm attitude.
- Be able to work with a high level of personal initiative and flexibility to help prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, journalism, media, digital media or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field.
- A well-presented portfolio of published articles.
- Sound content creation and project management skills.
- Proven track record in successful delivery of content across online and offline platforms.
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude and is willing to jump in and help team members when required.
- Experience working in a startup, creative industries or rapidly changing and growing organisation.
- Understanding of the startup, innovation, and broader creative space, in Australia.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria by 20th December.
Please feel free to include any other information or interesting facts that you think will support your application.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please contact the Karin in Marketing on 333 77913.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com