We’re hiring – Marketing & Communications Manager
Hiring: Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager supports QUT Creative Enterprise Australia’s (CEA) brand positioning, brand growth and communication to external and internal stakeholders in supporting creative startups across community, events, programs, and investment. CEA is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Queensland University of Technology (QUT). Our purpose is to enrich the future by empowering creatives. We believe the value of creativity is limitless and focus on design, fashion, entertainment, photography, music, film and television, digital technology, games and interactive content.
At CEA we value creativity, opportunity, and community. What sets us apart is our people and the drive that we have to make a real difference to our community. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that supporting our community remains the focus of our business. In recruiting we seek out dedicated people who are passionate about Startups and ready to work in a challenging, ever changing environment. Our people are at the heart of our business, and our activities in support of our community, are what make us different.
Innovative – We have the courage to explore new ideas and take new approaches
Collaborative – We bring the right people together to get the best result
Inclusive – We respect and value diversity and believe everyone counts
Passionate – We are dedicated to strengthening creative excellence and building business acumen
Responsive – We listen to our community and deliver on expectations to achieve great results
The Marketing and Communications Manager is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the CEA brand, marketing strategy and national campaigns. This position will contribute to the delivery of best-practice and innovative marketing and communication strategies, and will work to ensure that CEA promotional and positioning activities complement organisational objectives.
This includes understanding the CEA brand as a family and all of the activities we participate in under banners of Events, Programs, Community and Investment Fund.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be an experienced and innovative professional, with considerable knowledge and experience in the development and delivery of marketing, communication and community awareness initiatives.
This role leads the Marketing Team at CEA. The Marketing Team are responsible for strategic internal and external communications and marketing, partnerships, fund raising, brand management, media and social media engagement, community awareness campaigns and stakeholder engagement. The Marketing and Communications Manager has line management responsibility for the Digital & Graphics Marketing Coordinator and Partnerships Manager.
This is a dynamic and fast paced role, requiring superior time management skills handling often competing priorities. You naturally thrive on getting things done to a high standard and have the opportunity to design the full marketing and communications function from scratch. You will work closely with a wider team of in-house professionals and external stakeholders all geared towards the common goal of creating a vibrant and supportive startup ecosystem for entrepreneurs in the creative industries.
The position reports direct to the Executive Manager, Development & Operations and will work closely with the CEA programs, events and partnerships teams as well as key external partners, agencies and contractors as required. You will have the opportunity to design and shape your own close-knit marketing team from the ground up.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the CEA brand and marketing strategy
- In consultation with the CEA executive, lead the development, execution and evaluation of a range of local and national CEA campaigns;
- Develop and implement strategic communication and marketing strategies (both internal and external) for key CEA projects and initiatives;
- Lead the development, management and evaluation of the CEA Partnerships program;
- Manage the application of the brand across the CEA network and with corporate partners;
- Oversee the production and distribution of marketing and communications collateral for the CEA community;
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations to the CEA Executive on marketing and communications strategies;
- Developing, managing and executing on CEA’s digital, social, marketing and communications/PR plans within agreed budgets.
- Provide effective leadership to drive the performance and outputs of the team including day to day management of the Digital and Graphics Marketing Coordinator and be accountable for budget, timelines and reporting ;
- Establish initiatives, policies and procedures that deliver ongoing improvements in service delivery;
- Undertake out of hours work and travel where appropriate ;
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by the Executive Manager Development & Operations from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills
- Best practice expertise and knowledge for digital communications engagement.
- You understand how to research and target niche networks to grow an existing audience.
- You enjoy building compelling marketing campaigns from composing messaging to creating graphics.
- Have a track record in producing paid and organic marketing campaigns that capture and engage.
- Knowledge of how to create and implement digital marketing strategies to drive traffic, generate new leads, acquire new members and how to retain them.
- Be able to work with a high level of personal initiative and flexibility to help prioritise workloads and work to deadlines. You will often need to work independently and without supervision to streamline campaign plans and distribute work to your wider team.
- Experience in driving written and video content across social media and online platforms.
- Previous use of the paid search function and knowledge of SEO growth principles.
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems and electronic direct mail software (eDM).
- Experience in reporting on the success and learnings of your campaigns with the initiative to continuous innovate and improve.
- Ability to recognise and direct a team towards implementing display layouts and funnel tracking for websites and microsites.
- Deep knowledge of UX tracking, analysis and retargeting.
- Develop ROI criteria and post-campaign event evaluations.
- Possess technical knowledge to help you analyse data to optimise your online campaigns and ultimately trigger conversions.
- You will possess strong writing and editing skills across web copy, social media and blog content.
- You have strong attention to detail, with exceptional communication and time management skills.
- You’re able to communicate diplomatically across all business levels, and work autonomously and as part of a small flexible team to meet key performance indicators and budget targets.
- Experience working in a high pressure environment with the ability to maintain a calm attitude.
- Self-motivated with a passion, drive and willingness to succeed.
The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, media, or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in leading social marketing campaigns (community awareness/behaviour) and/or experience with engagement methodologies
- Highly developed strategic marketing, communications, and project management skills
- Proven track record in successful delivery and evaluation of campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful marketing and communication strategies
- Proven ability to lead and effectively manage the performance, output and development of direct reports
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and well developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Experience in a government, government agency or not-for-profit marketing setting.
- Experience working in a startup or rapidly changing and growing organisation.
- Understanding of the startup, innovation, and broader creative space, in Australia.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org