Seeking awesome volunteers for Startup Weekend Brisbane | Creative Tech
What is Startup Weekend
Startup Weekend is a 54-hour sprint where creative and tech minded folks get together and launch exciting new startup businesses in record time. To capture the magic and vibe of this weekend event we are looking for awesome student talent to share the stories in the lead up and during the event.
It’s an entirely volunteer crew, from the esteemed startup royalty judges to the water boy doing his thing. We’re all here because we want to amplify Brisbane’s creative and tech scene… and imagine if you nab the first interview with Australia’s next million (or billion) dollar company. Your work will be directly shared by QUT Creative Enterprise Australia and we will be pushing it out to different QUT faculties and startup press which will look pretty cool in your portfolio. If this sounds like fun then we need you!
When is it happening?
- 18-20 March 2016
Where is it?
- Z1 The Works, Creative Industries Precinct , QUT Kelvin Grove Campus
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get the chance to enhance your creative skills, build your resume and contribute to an awesome global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs. And in return we’ll feed you, give you all the coffee you can drink and one of our snazzy Startup Weekend crew tees.
- We need volunteers to complete two shifts (approx 6 hours in total) over the three days. If you think you can bring something special to the event and your role isn’t listed below then drop us a line and we’ll consider your skillset.
Closing date for applications:
- Wednesday 15 March 2016
Applicants with a Blue Card are welcomed
- Blogger Extraordinaire: Do you love blogging and getting the word out there? We’re looking for well-informed and keen writers to contribute regularly to the Startup Weekend blog by writing short pieces in the lead up and during the event. You’ll have support from CEA staff that can help develop your skills and work with you to promote the event as much as possible.
- Passionate Videographer: Are you a natural storyteller and an aspiring filmmaker? We need you to help us film loads of awesome video content which will ultimately be used for short clips on YouTube, social media and our blog to help inspire future generations. You will need to have your own filming equipment, and any editing/post-production experience would be highly favorable.
- Roving Reporter: Do you enjoy meeting new people and having great conversations? We need roving reporters to roam the venue in search for on-the-spot interviews with participants, facilitators, mentors and judges (most of this engagement will occur outside of the sessions during breaks). Our videographer will work alongside you to help capture these interactions.
- Fab Photographer: Do you have a great eye for snapping candid shots? We’re looking for photographers to help us document every detail of the event and capture the many memorable moments: crowd shots, pitches and the high-energy atmosphere. Experience of taking and editing photos is essential. CEA will provide a camera but no editing software.
- Social Media Pro: Are you a social media geek? We need social media guns to not only help create buzz on social media but also provide an effective and engaging platform for participants. You’ll be responsible for making sure social pages stay updated, help setup live streaming and contribute to ‘live tweeting’. We’re also determined to smash the hashtag battle!